Foundation Course includes: Downloadable Instruction Manual, audio album 1, with 15 tracks of mp3s.
Intermediate Course includes: Downloadable Instruction Manual, audio album 2, with 10 tracks of mp3s. Live online 20 minute consult.
Course textbook: In the Stillness of Breath: Praanaayaam for Meditators ebook will be downloadable with your course registration. It also available as a paperback book (300 pages) and can be ordered separately (below) and mailed to you. This textbook is used for both the Foundation and Intermediate Courses. If you do not have an ebook reader or if you prefer to also have a printed book then you can purchase this course textbook below.
Fully downloadable sent to you immediately after registering for the course.
- Course manuals and textbook -pdf and ebook versions ( Printed course textbook also available)
- Audios- guided praanayaam ( breathing techniques) or all sessions
- Course quiz – online, multiple-choice
- Live online consultation from one of our teachers after submitting your quiz.
- Certificate awarded upon completion of the course.
- Free listing in our Teacher and Centers Directory for 6 months
- 20 NBCC Clock Hours available (if applicable).
In the Stillness of Breath: Praanaayaam for Meditators
Printed Course Textbook
For those who registed for the downloadable course (above) and would like to also have a printed course textbook mailed to you.
Free shipping within the U.S. Reduced international rates.
The Stillness of Breath: Praanaayaam for Meditators Home Study Course came to me at the exact time I needed it. I will be teaching a class of exercises and meditation. I intended to also use breathing techniques so this course gave me a ‘wide breath’ of information filling in the gaps of my knowledge. I particularly like the last paragraph on page 215, this is a lesson in and of itself. Thank you so much for this and for the ease of use of the program. — Richard Miceli, Bayside, NY
Excerpt from In the Stillness of Breath: Praanaayaam for Meditators, by Brijendra, Robert William Eaton
Praanaayaam techniques focus the yogi’s attention because in order to practice them one must be attentive to the technique. It will appear during practice that one is mastering a technique of breathing, and that is true; but the deeper aspect of practicing the various techniques is that the attention becomes focused through the use of the technique. While it appears that it is the technique that is being mastered, the longer term benefit is that you are developing your own attention and awareness. (pg. 215)
Brijendra offers a complete program for studying praanaayaam, yogic breath work, in the comfort of your own home. This course provides the novice as well as the advanced practitioner a full program of both the foundation and intermediate levels. This will enable you to master the practice of praanaayaam for yourself and to teach it to others. Praanaayaam, is the fourth limb in Patanjali’s system of Ashtaang Yog (Ashtanga Yoga), the Eight Limbs of Yoga. Praanaayaam practice comes right after aasan (asana), or the physical postures of yoga, called hatha yoga.
Benefits of pranayam according to recent scientific research:
Several researchers have reported that pranayam techniques are beneficial in treating stress-related disorders . Pranayam as been shown to improve autonomic functions, relieve symptoms of asthma and reduce the signs of oxidative stress. Practitioners report that the practice of pranayam develops a steady mind, strong willpower, and sound judgement, and also claims that sustained pranayam practice reduces depression and anxiety, improves cardiopulmonary function and lowers the systolic blood pressure and respiratory rate, extends life and enhances perception. (see wikipedia pranayam)
This home study course uses, the In the Stillness of Breath: Praanaayaam for Meditators book, by Brijendra as the course textbook. The full course includes this textbook as a downloadable ebook, the pdf manuals with the course outlines and quiz, and two downloadable albums. The printed textbook can be ordered separately.
The Foundation Praanayaam Course Manuals includes:
- Lesson plans providing course instruction for the six session Foundation Course with specific step-by- step daily guidance for each session.
- Complete abridged instructions of all the praanaayaam techniques for the Core Seven Session and Eight Kumbhaks Session as well as some of the variation as well as with the kumbhaks, bandhs, and ratios, that can be used as an easy to follow practice sheet while you are doing these techniques.
Ten Minute Core Seven Session Includes
- Deergh Praanaayaam, Complete Breath – 5 rounds
- Bhastrikaa, Bellows Breathing – 1 round
- Kapaal Bhaati, Breath of Light, Brain Shiner Breath – 2 minutes
- Anulom Vilom, Alternate Nostril Breathing – 3 rounds
- Bhramaree, Humming Breath – 3 rounds
- Kayval Kumbhak, Breath of Stillness – 1 round
- Praan Chintan, Praan Awareness – 1 minute
- A thirty questions multiple choice quiz. Upon completion you will reveive a certificate of achievement from Transformation Meditation sent via email.
The Intermediate Praanaayaam Course Manual includes:
- Lesson plans providing course instruction for the six session Intermediate Series with specific step-by-step daily guidance for each session.
- Complete abridged instructions of all the praanaayaam techniques for Eight Kumbhaks Session that can be used as an easy to follow practice sheet while you are doing these techniques.
- Techniques for Awakening Kundalini – the yogi fire of realization, Meditation on Agya Chakra – the Third Eye Center, Technique of Meditation and some other praanaayaams.
Ten Minute Eight Kumbhaks Session Includes
- Sooraj Bhaydee Kumbhak – Sun Vitality Kumbhak
- Ujjaaee Kumbhak – Shining Victory Kumbhak – 3 rounds
- Sheetkaar Kumbhak – Calming Kumbhak – 3 rounds
- Sheetalee Kumbhak – Cooling Kumbhak – 2 rounds
- Bhastrikaa Kumbhak – Bellows Breathing Kumbhak – 1 round
- Bhramaree Kumbhak – Humming Bee Kumbhak – 3 rounds
- Moorchhaa Kumbhak – Expansive Peace Kumbhak – 3 rounds
- Kayval Kumbhak – Breath of Stillness Kumbhak – 1 round
- A thirty questions multiple choice quiz. Upon completion you will revieve a certificate of achievement from Transformation Meditation via email.
With step by step instruction to guide you in each individual praanaayaam techniques and the full Core Seven Session and Eight Kumbhaks.
Album 1: Includes 15 tracks including the iIntroduction to the Core Seven Session, each of the Ten Minute Core Seven praanaayaam techniques, ratios and bandhs and a full guided program of all ten together.
Album 2: Includes 10 tracks including the introduction to the Eight Kumbhak Session, individual guidance for each of the Ten Minute Core Seven praanaayaam techniques and a full guided program of all eight together.